Sunday, May 4, 2008

Christianity

I have never been one of those people that forces my religious beliefs onto other people. If someone asks me what I think, then I will share my beliefs with them, but I will not push myself onto them. I am a Christian--and I'm proud of being a Christian. I don't think that it is important exactly what denomination people are but only that they believe that Jesus was sent to die for us to save us from our sins. For the record though, I am Catholic, and I don't travel to many other churches. This morning however, I attended a Methodist service downtown with my girlfriend who happens to be Methodist. As I walked into the sanctuary, I was very surprised to see another familiar face. My English teacher, Robin Mozer, was sitting with the children on the side of the church. It turns out that Robin was leading the music for what i presumed the children's choir. I never knew that she could sing so well. After the children were finished singing, Robin went and changed and took her place in the choir. I was filled with the love of the Lord as I listen to the choir sing, and it really made me feel good that I knew someone that was singing the Lord's praise so beautifully. I really enjoyed my first visit to the Methodist church downtown, and if we had another Sunday left in the school year then my girlfriend and I would probably go back for another Sunday service.

2 comments:

Nick said...

I'm the same way man. I usually keep to myself about religion. It's a can of worms that I think is best left unopened unless someone brings it up. I also agree about not caring which denomination people are. I'm Catholic too, and have been to a Methodist service once. It really isn't too unlike a mass. You can see that when they broke off, some stuff stayed and some didn't and was changed.

Chelsea's blog said...

It's cool that your that way about religion. It was funny,I'm not really religious at all and one of my roommates really is. However, she isn't one of the main stream religions that you see in the South, so we ended up bonding because people approached her beliefs much like they did mine.